Day 80 : Wednesday

02/03/2016
steps 8221
water 5
weight 197

Nice weather does make a difference when it comes to getting exercise. It was in the mid-40's yesterday, and sunny. Gina and I got in a good walk around town, and some work in the yard. By 3 p.m. I was done for the day, with over 12,000 steps in.
Tinnitus
Last week while on the road I noticed I have Tinnitus, ( ringing in the ears). I don't know how long I've had it, or how permanent it is, but of course aging is a contributing factor. I can also unfortunately say yes to many other possibilities on the list of causality.

Loud Noises
Guns, explosives etc. when I was younger.
At the age of 14, or so, I lost the high-pitched hearing in my left ear, when a homemade rocket exploded on the launchpad. After that I switched to remote electronic ignition systems.
I didn't even notice it until years later, when I couldn't hear my flash attachment charging for a shot.
Up to 90% of people with Tinnitus have some level of noise induced hearing loss.

Music
I still remember a Queen concert that left my ears ringing for 3 days.

Work
A lifetime working with various power tools, often very loud and very repetitive.
The list would be nearly endless.

Drugs
If you are a quiet, sedate person, don't laugh yet. A quick read, reveals that over 200 prescription drugs and medications listed Tinnitus as a possible side effect, with good old Aspirin right up near the top.
How many of you, like me, have been popping an Aspirin a day for the last few years to ward off heart problems.

Well now I get to chase a few more habits in an effort to remain functional on this planet for a bit longer.


Remember!
1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!
KRASH


1 comment:

  1. Sunday here, I got out and rode bike today, chilly, but very nice out! I have ear plugs and safety glasses with me at all times, every body should.

    ReplyDelete