Day 140 : Sunday


04/03/2016
steps 5621
weight 196

I'm in the red again today, on my step count and on my weight. I'm still eating too many snacks, and I should be below 195 by now. I'm procrastinating again, using an extended deadline.
My mini goals since the 1st week of March is 1.5 lbs. a week. As of last Thursday, I should be at 194, but I got hooked on using my VA clinic dates as a goal, the next one being April 14.

So the old, “ We've got lots of time”, sets in and that little bastard in the back of my head says, “Go ahead and have another snack, you get 3 weeks”. That was when I let the home scale jump back up to 199, and I knew it I had to crack down on the snacking to push that number back down.

I got it back down to 196 with a little fasting, but then that old bastard popped in again, “Take a break, the 14th is still way off.”

Like anyone else who unconsciously plans to fail, you forget that it's much easier to drop a few ounces every day over several weeks, than crash diet several pounds in a couple days.

On April 14 at the VA clinic, I need to be 190 lbs or less, with my cloths on. Today, without cloths, and less than 2 weeks away, I'm 195+.

Every day, I listen to that little bastard in my head, I make that goal harder to reach, and unless I really crack down on it, as all you chubbo's like me out there know, it will reach a point where I can't make that deadline.
To compensate for the coming failure, I'll drown my sorrows in more snacks.
But not this time. On April 14. I will be 190 lbs or less.

Remember!
1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!
KRASH



No comments:

Post a Comment