Day 18 : Doughnuts !

12/03/2015
Steps 7060
Water 6

Tasty carbs, soaked in grease and covered with sugar. My biggest dieting challenge of the week. And I blew it.
The Thursday night meeting of my Pennwriters group. Great folks, great writing, but damn, free donuts.
Last night I went right off the scales, eating 2 doughnuts and at least 5 doughnut holes.
Not a high point in my Diet 1. Didn't even follow the 1 bite rule. My brain just caved to Carb Cravings and it was a mental battle to hold the line at 2.

It doesn't help that the meetings are held in a doughnut shop. The name left out to protect the guilty. Or that I had to stare at that box of donuts for three hours.

Sooo.... How are we going to battle this one?
There are no gimmicky ways out. It just boils down to our weakest option, self-discipline.
Yes, if we had more of that, I wouldn't be writing this blog, and you wouldn't be reading it.
But that's what we are stuck with. Going into battle with a 2 inch sword and shield made out of paper mache'. To win this one, it will take just plain guts.
Next week I'll give you a play-by-play of the battle, and we will win this!
I will return with no sugar residue on my fingers and the battlefield will be littered with Doughnuts.

Wish Me Luck.


KRASH

PlaceMarkBooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment