Day 20 : Push On

12/05/2015
Steps 12133 a new record
Water 6

And just keep counting...
The last couple of days, I've been bored with my Diet 1, and with this blog.

Being an out of control idea generator with ADD doesn't help. If I spend more than a couple minutes on any one idea, two more drift off, never to be seen again.
A problem compounded as short-term memory loss creeps in, day by day.

But I just keep counting...
Yes, this is about that cheapo pedometer on my waist. It's a daily reminder of my commitment to my Diet 1.
It's also a reminder of what I have achieved. A little gold star hanging on my belt, reminding me that I really did walk that far yesterday. Even though I only seem to remember how much I sat on my butt.

No matter how much of my Diet 1 I flubbed today, nearly every time I go out the door, I take a look at that screen and it pushes me on.
Yes it's worked its way into being a habit, and that is what we're working on. 1 new habit at a time. If we can turn just one Diet 1 ideas into a habit, we are doing great. 
 If we can manage 1 new habit a month, we are way ahead of the curve.
So just keep pushing on.
1 step at a time.
1 bite at a time.
And 1 good habit at a time.

KRASH


No comments:

Post a Comment