Day 25 : The Donut Battle

12/10/2015
steps 4491
water 6
weight 196

I remembered the scale today, did you?

Well, last night was the big doughnut challenge, my weekly meeting of the Area 1 Pennwriters group.

Nearly 4 hours in a coffee shop next to this.

With a couple of dozen doughnut holes as reinforcements on the next table.

Finally, backed up by Kathy's muffin, quietly sitting there in a bag. No one touches that!
 Not even if Kathy doesn't show up!

4 hours in a room filled with the smells of coffee, sugar, and fresh doughnuts. You probably take in extra calories just from breathing.
But I did it. 
1 cup of coffee, lots of good conversation, and not 1 doughnut. Not even a bite sized doughnut hole. I even held out as a couple of folks in the group, probably coming straight from work, ordered real food.

Knowing that I had my Diet blog readers, looking over my shoulder is what did it. Even as I started fiddling with my empty coffee cup halfway through the evening, that 1 would pop into my thoughts any time I glanced over at that box of sugar.

I didn't even think of excuses. You know, the dieters backdoor devil, that little guy in your head saying stuff like," 1 doughnut isn't that bad” or “they'll go to waste if nobody eats them."
Amazingly, that night, the voice was silent. Not of peep!
Until the little bastard popped up when I got home, and I had some chips as Gina and I watched a documentary before bed.

BUT NO DONUTS !


KRASH
PlaceMarkBooks.com

1 comment: