Day 36 : Monday

12/21/2015
steps 6333
water 6
weight 195


Monday? Just a personal reminder. After a lifetime of making my own hours, days of the week hold little significance. Today is Monday for most people, but for me it's another day of making my own choices, a freedom most people give up that an early age.

But anyway, it's Monday, and I survived another Christmas party yesterday with only a mild sensation of dieters guilt. Fortunately there was a tray of melon pieces, cold but healthy, and as it started to run low, a tray of veggie slices came out. I managed to wipe out all the red and yellow peppers.

I did have a couple of pieces of wine cake? I've no idea what that is, but it was the best tasting thing on the table, and in my youth I would have polished it off.
Interestingly, I had no urge to drink at all,and made it through the evening without even a glass of water. Probably because of all the melon and veggies pieces.

I did sample some of the more unhealthy items, but held it down to 1 or 2 bites. Not quite a true 1 bite success, but way better than previous years.
The scales this morning gave me the final thumbs-up, as the needle teetered a bit, but held 195.
Just 3 more holiday parties, plus New Year's, then it's an easy cruise through January to the 190 lb. mark.

Keep those 1 thumbs, up!


KRASH
PlaceMarkBooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment