Day 27 : DAMMIT !


12/12/2015
steps 5321
water 5
weight 197

I blew it all last night. Mostly!
I did manage almost 12,000 steps yesterday, and pulled off an okay breakfast. A burrito from McDonald's. No sauce.
I even picked up a veggie platter on the way to my annual writers group Christmas party, but I started to slip by grabbing a box of chocolate covered pretzels to check out.

REMEMBER:
If you don't buy it, you can't eat it.

I did manage to eat some of the veggies at the party, but also about half the box of pretzels.

Later, Gina and I met friends for dinner at a Mexican restaurant and I lost it completely, starting with the chips and salsa.
At that point the old food addiction took over. It was one chip after another, like I hadn't eaten in days.
I vaguely remember thinking that I should slow down, but the next chip would erase it. By the time I emptied the bowl of chips, the main course showed up. Each plate having enough food for at least 2 meals.

We all commented about taking home leftovers, and everyone did, except me.
I stuff myself. No 1 bite, No setting down the fort, just shoveling food in until the plate was empty.
That big black 1 on my thumbnail might have helped, but it wasn't there. I thought I wouldn't need, but I really should have had a 3 inch 1 on the back of each hand !

So today, we start again, 1 bite, water and walking. And a big black 1 on the thumb.

KRASH
PlaceMarkBooks.com

1 comment:

  1. You need to skip fast food and restaurants that do not publish calorie count next to the selections. The current crop of Mexican restaurants I've been to really load up the cheese, which I personally don't like and it really loads on the calories which makes you more likely to sit when you're done. A double whammy.

    ReplyDelete