Day 38 : Small Changes

12/23/2015
steps 7133
water 5
weight 196


I still have need to have a lot more willpower, about but snacks, especially this time of year with trays of cookies and candy popping up everywhere.

Today I slipped at Flying J, when I stopped to get gas.
I usually pay at the pumps, but decided to walk in and back to get more exercise. It was a nice thought, but I wasn't ready for a checkout counter covered with hot food and an overly helpful lady suggesting what I should get.

I fell for the chicken wings, and just wanted a couple, but she mentioned 6 and I caved.
I did hold out as 2 separate people offered to add a slice of pizza for a penny.
In years past, I not only would've jumped at anything for a penny, I would've come in just for that, whether I needed gas are not.
A small improvement, but even small improvements add up over time.

Another nice small improvement was last night when I took Gina out for Mexican. For the first time in memory, as they brought out the main course, I mentally made the decision that half was going home in a doggy bag. I was not making the decision to take home leftovers after I had stuff myself, and there was still food on the plate. It was a decision I consciously made before I started.


That is a very good sign. Another sign that after only 38 days, things are changing, and as time goes by, those changes will add up, as the weight goes down....


KRASH
PlaceMarkBooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment