Day 30 : A Sign?

12/15/2015
steps
water
weight 200

Well, maybe. As you age, you just slowly get used to aches and pains. For some it's OK, for others it's hell.

A few years back I was chatting with a 20-year-old on the job and he was complaining about sore muscles. After I finished laughing, I asked him to stick out his finger and I gave one knuckle a squeeze until he winced.
Then I explained what he just felt was me, 24/7, and usually 20 to 50 percent of my body.
He didn't mention sore muscles again.

So when is a pain more than usual? When is it a sign that you need to dial 911.
Hell if I know.
If you listened to the germaphobes and fear mongers, ( Fox News), you'd be dialing 911 every day until the paramedics smashed your phone, or they canceled your insurance.

For example, last night while watching the Blandings, a fun British sitcom, I noticed my left arm was aching a bit. I've heard it's a possible sign that a heart attack might be in the offing, and it was still there when I went to bed.
I even mentioned to Gina that “just in case anyone asks,” my left arm has been acting up.
Just a precaution in case she woke up next to a dead guy in the morning.

That's as far as it went. I'm still here writing notes in this blog, while someone, somewhere else is fretting about everything little thing in life.
It always comes down to who you are.

Some people zip through life without a care in the world, while others drag boxcars full of fear until the stress becomes a tombstone they can no longer carry.

Now that was a good line!


My point is that you can learn the warning signs of what could go wrong and spend your life in a minute by minute coin toss on whether to make that call, or you can enjoy life with a new toss of the dice every day. Most of us will meander somewhere in between, but if you're still smiling when the sun comes up, you got it right.


KRASH
PlaceMarkBooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment