Day 230 : Saturday


07/02/2016
steps 5409
weight 190

My weight is going back down. Walking is down, as I meander through the Diet 1 doldrums, or it seems that way. Most days now, I feel Diet 1 is going nowhere, and I find it hard to even keep up these meager blog entries. It's been weeks since I've posted any and most days are just a couple lines on what I did and a very general description of what I ate.

Any of you following along, may be in the same boat, thinking it's going nowhere and way beyond the 1 ½ lbs a week schedule I planned to meet my 170 lbs deadline in November.

Then I look at the graph the VA kindly prints out for me at regular intervals. As you can see, the line is slowly going down. A pound here and a pound there, but always down.
Nearly 20 lbs. at this point.

That is our goal. To lose weight slowly and permanently.

Slowly and Permanently
Those are the key words to focus on here with Diet 1.

Since I started last November, there have been millions of people out there that crash diet it in one form or another, for the holidays, spring break, summer vacation, etc., etc. They starved themselves for a few weeks to lose 5, 10 or 20 lbs, then they went back to normal habits and normal eating and most have put the weight back on, some even more.

We are not dieting here. Our goal is changing lifelong habits that caused us to gain and hold more weight than we need. It may seem slow, dull, and not going anywhere fast, but it's permanent. We are changing how and what we eat, and we are even changing how we think about it.

We don't do seconds anymore. We take smaller servings. We actually think about taking half our food home at a restaurant, not after we are stuffed and just can't get anymore down, but as we order or when it's served.

At this point is no longer dieting, but lifestyle.

Breakfast – banana and cereal
Lunch – canned beef stew
Dinner –
Snacks – ice cream, pretzels, popcorn

Remember!
1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!
KRASH


No comments:

Post a Comment