Day 283 : Wednesday


Countdown Day 86

08/24/2016
steps 6977
weight 188

Breakfast – banana and serial
Lunch – bowl of frozen corn
Dinner –
Snacks – small piece of cheese, small popcorn

It was close on the scale, but it wiggled on the 188 mark, a pound and a half down from yesterday. I don't tend to get to excited about anything, but I'm thinking about it!!

For a change, I had no snacks after dinner. That was tough!. That, plus a long walk on the beach in the evening, (Nice sunset), compensated for junk snacking at Bernie's earlier in the day.
I got the Marvin the mouse story nailed down pretty good today and checked it out with a new writing group.
If you minor things around the house, and a walk with Jean in the morning. Food wise, I probably ate less today than any day in the recent past.

Taste and Flavor Triggers

One thing I've noticed is that hunger is just an empty feeling, or feeling of something not quite right in my stomach. That I can deal with for hours, and it goes away entirely, if I'm occupied with something important. But once I eat something, I have a taste trigger in my mouth, and in my head, that focuses the sensation of hunger, and cranks up the need for more food. This is the reason for an old rule of mine, about the order in which I eat food at a meal.

When eating, I always save the least favorite food for last, so the last taste trigger in my mouth will be the one I would least want more of.

Think about it!!

Try popping something you really like in your mouth, say, as salted peanut. That fires up all sorts of flavor triggers, and you are probably reaching for the next while you are still chewing. This is the whole concept behind snacks. Small items you don't feel guilty about eating, one after the other, but all are huge flavor bombs, blasting your taste buds.

Now take the next peanut and wash it off with hot water. Yep, get all the salt and excess oils off, and pop that in your mouth. It still has a bit of peanut flavor, but it sure ain't much of a flavor blast like the last one. Now which one of those would you be more likely want more of?

Can our hero, hit that 170 pound mark?

Stay tuned for more adventures of Fat Boy!

86 days

Remember!
1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!
KRASH


No comments:

Post a Comment