Day 48 : Saturday

01/02/2016
steps 7145
water 6
weight 194

We saw our first dead Christmas tree yesterday, and the big stores are packing up the Christmas merchandise they couldn't dump at 75 % off.

This weekend is the last holiday blast for many folks, and time to reminisce, recover and regroup for the coming year.

I'm limping around the house with a sore lower left back from New Year's Eve. It's either from dragging a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood around the house, or too much tea for dinner that night. Could be a kidney, or muscle. At 64, pains tend to get hard to separate. LOL

The point of course is that pain not only slows you down, and gives you a good excuse just to sit and do nothing, it usually brings on food in an effort to make you feel better.
Fat Math 101”

I still managed to build a flip up landing for the basement stairs with that plywood, and got in 7000 steps or so yesterday. But I did move a lot slower and with more deliberation, and yes, I did spend more time on the couch.

What I did mentally, was something I've always done with pain, illness, and most adversity, I simply considered it an annoyance instead of an excuse. A simple difference in attitude that changes you from a victim to Victor. Sounds a bit cliche, but it's served me well for over 60 years.

And though annoyances seem to increase in frequency as the years go by, to me they are all still just an annoyance. Something trying keep me from doing what I want to do, like someone blocking the aisle at the store. If they won't move, you go around, don't just give up.

I'm not Superman, or anyone special, I just made a choice at a very young age that what I wanted to do comes first, and anything that may try to block that, I try not to make very important.
It's just mental terminology, labels you put on things every day. One label “excuse” gives you the OK to stop what you are doing. Another label “annoyance” challenges you to work it out and keep moving.

This year I moving toward 170 lbs. and anything, including strained muscles, are simply an annoyance in my effort to get there. So whenever you can, stop giving in to excuses, push on with Diet 1, to your own magic number.

Remember!
1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!
KRASH


No comments:

Post a Comment