Day 65 : Going Out

01/19/2016
steps 3702
water 4
weight 197

Yes, Going Out, a phrase rolling around in my head as I woke up this morning.

Like everyone else of my generation, I'm on my way out. It's a thought that may bum a few folks out, but it's a fact of life you can't hide from. 
Some lucky people I know may take another 25 or 30 years getting to that door, while others have already left, quietly closing it behind them.

That door, no matter how it appears to you, is why I started my Diet 1.
Why I'm writing this blog every day, and maybe why you are reading it.

My Diet 1 is not the whim of a 20 year old hoping to look better on the beach this summer, and it's not a mid life correction to hang onto ones youth.

Diet 1 for me, and maybe you, is part of a personal battle that starts somewhere around 50, to push that door toward the distant horizon and slow the speed at which you are traveling to it.
Diet 1, exercise, vitamins, veggies and fruit, low cal or no cal, pills, prayers, or procrastination, after 60 they are no longer fads, fetishes, beliefs or bull shit.
They are survival !


1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!


KRASH
PlaceMarkBooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment