Day 51 : Cold

01/05/2016
steps 7675
water 6
weight 194

It's been a bit chilly the last couple of days, well below freezing and the river is starting to get slushy. I didn't get my quota of steps in yesterday, and friends farther north are probably thinking “wimp”.
I have noticed that with age comes more sensitivity to temperature change. For decades my thermostat never went above 60 degrees. Now that mark on the thermostat seems pretty chilly, and like old folks I used to scoff at, I catch that temp gauge slowly creeping above 70.

My I barefoot glacier walking days are over, and I really doubt I'll ever walk on fire again, but I still have lots of fond memories.

Right now I have to remain focused on changing a few old habits to permanently bring my weight down to 170, maybe even 160, neither number I've seen on a bathroom scale and 30 years.
That is why I'm writing to Diet 1 blog, and maybe why you are reading it. Because most diets are short-term “feel-good” fads that seldom effect the habits that forced you to diet in the first place. A few pounds lost in the couple weeks, that come right back, often with a couple more.

If you want to lose pounds permanently, without surgery, you have to take them off the same way they went on, slowly, over time, tweaking 1 old habit after another, until the balance between energy expended, out ways energy consumed. If you are used to the fad diets, this will seem boring, day after day just 1 minor item at a time. But stick with it, and this time next year, you'll be giving advice to someone else, rebounding off another failed diet.


Remember!
1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!
KRASH


No comments:

Post a Comment