Day 77 : Fighting the Habit

01/31/2016
steps 4022
water 4
weight 195

Today, like many days, I lost the battle with habit, or appetite, craving or addiction. I'm not really sure where you would draw the line.
After installing a friends hot water heater, good for some much needed exercise, he took me out to lunch as payment. (Mexican)

Right off the bat, I was shoveling in the chips and salsa they give you as an appetizer, only slowing down when my tongue started to burn. When my burrito came out, it was obvious I had enough for 2 meals, but I managed to get it down in 1, even after my buddy mentioned taking it home is leftovers.

Was it an addictive craving for food, or just an extension of the old habit of “cleaning your plate”, another well-meaning but incorrect habit hammered into my brain in childhood.
After all, there are kids starving in ( name that country), that would love this food.”

Whether habit or addiction, it's going to take a lot more willpower to work my way through.

Remember!
1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!
KRASH


No comments:

Post a Comment