Day 71 : Monday

01/25/2016
steps 1667
water 4
weight

On the road, nonstop to Florida to look at some old racing bikes. I'm not getting a lot of exercise, mostly it's what little bit of extra walking I can get in at gas stops.

Driving 16 hours, the big challenge is to keep the snacking down. For me it's not just appetite, but the act of chewing on something crunchy also keeps me awake. It just gives my brain something to do besides staring out the windshield.

I know everyone says to just dice up some veggies, but it's not something I care to chew on for a whole day. In time, I'll slowly warm up to them, but to me, they just seem cold and wet.

So for this trip, it's mostly popcorn. It would be nice to bring a big bag of homemade, but it usually comes down to what's at whatever gas stop we hit. That means it's usually covered with crap like cheddar cheese and whatever kind of spices they can add to the popcorn to make it sell.

Or you can try a hot dog that's been rolling on a hot server for half a day. If you are one of those folks who think hot dogs are the worst food on the planet, look again. At travel stops all over the US, you will find mutated wieners like “cheeseburger and Taco dogs”. These are not toppings or wraps, these are in the hot dog.
This could really slow your eating down to a crawl..

1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!
KRASH


No comments:

Post a Comment