Day 53 : Deadlines

For last few days I've been battling another old established habit, deadline procrastination.

I've always tended to leave things to the last minute, as this post is a good example, being written the day after its due. I also tend to be more creative, and work better as a large deadline comes down to the wire, but I often blow off the less important ones, deciding at the last minute that they are just not worth the effort.

Right now I've got 100 or so shirts to design and print for the 41st annual CWRU Sci-Fi Movie Marathon on the 15th. That's a week away, and I haven't even started the artwork yet!
I can't blow off this deadline, as I've been doing T-shirt designs for this show since the 70's. Many of the attendees this year were not even born when I started this project.

Someday I'll have to write an article on procrastination, but what it means right now is that I putts around the house wasting time, as I slowly try to get “in the mood” to do the marathon design. This usually means sitting in front of the TV watching old sci-fi movies, stuffing my face with whatever I can find in the kitchen.

Of course, this is colliding head-on with my Diet 1 project, and I have to start cracking down if I don't want to see that scale climb back up to 200.

Today's post is just 1 step in the battle to halt and reverse the procrastination pig out. Another reminder that there is a deadline more important than the marathons.
Another reminder that when I walk into that movie theater in 2017, a year from now, I will not be the same person that's writing this blog today. I will be slimmer, healthier, and will look back on a year of improved habits, and looking forward to an even more productive future!


1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!


KRASH
PlaceMarkBooks.com

2 comments:

  1. Draw a robot, he holds the card for the movie list, in the background is a bunch of tombstones for all the sci-fi people that have died this year. Life, death, pathos...what could be wrong?

    On the diet note:

    http://lifehacker.com/most-diets-can-be-boiled-down-to-three-words-eat-more-1633554716

    I would add fruits to the above.

    ReplyDelete