Day 57 : Winter's Back

01/11/2016
steps 6856
water 4
weight 196

I'm still hovering around that 195 plateau, kicking a pound over the edge at 194, then stepping back to 196 or 7.
The cold weather doesn't help. Gina and I got a nice walk in light rain yesterday morning, just before winter blew it again, but now it's snowing and 10 degrees outside and I just want to sit by a fire and be cozy.

This is the time of year when discipline at the grocery store is also most important. Stuck inside, you'll have a much stronger urge to snack, and lot more time to do it, so those extra few minutes dodging the potato chip isle at the store will save your ass.
If it's not in the house, you can't eat it, and in this weather, you'll be less tempted to run out and get it.

The toughest part in this weather is staying active. Curled up on the couch with a good book has never been a big priority with exercise programs, and being self-employed most of my life, though great, usually means I have the final say about what I do, so spending cold winter days in the studio, or at a cozy diner has been an occupational hazard, and kept my exercise to a minimum.

This was fine when I was 20, but now it's a major drawback, making it harder every year to keep the pounds off.

So whether I like it or not, it's time to bundle up and head downtown for coffee, just to get some walking in for the day.


1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!


KRASH
PlaceMarkBooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment