Day 54 : Slipping

01/08/2016
steps 7749
water 6
weight 196

I'm not sticking to my own rules, I've been slipping! 
It's been nice and sunny the last couple days and I've gotten my steps in, and kept up on exchanging water for other less healthy drinks, but I'm still slipping on evening snacking.

The Marathon procrastination is still pulling me back to the couch, but I'm slowly fighting back.
My mornings are seeing less trips to Micky D's, replaced with a fruit smoothie of banana, milk, Flax seed and silly-um husk fiber. You can figure that one out :o)
I like the bananas n milk, the rest is for health.

I also have been slowly cutting back on other junk food. I haven't stopped eating it, and may never, but I consciously cut back on the amount. Yesterday was a good example, as Gina surprised me with a bucket of fried chicken, 1 of my favorites, a reward for working on her car.

In the past I would have simply emptied it in 1 sitting, probably in front of the TV set.
After 3 pieces, I put the bucket in the fridge and only had 1 more last night. That's a pretty big behavioral change for me, and 1 that has steadily taken hold as my Diet 1 project progresses.
I am slowly setting up permanent metal rules, that over time will not only bring my weight down to a healthy level, but keep it down.

So I'm slipping a little bit, but I'm paying attention to it and making corrections.

Remember
If you slip on the ice, you can just lay there, flat on your back, staring up at the world, or you can get back up and keep moving forward.


1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!


KRASH

No comments:

Post a Comment