Day 312 : Thursday


Countdown Day 57

09/22/2016
steps 6033
weight 184
VA weight 186.7

Breakfast – banana
Lunch – one half egg salad sandwich
Dinner –
Snacks – almonds, pretzels, and way too many doughnuts

Well the 190 lb. barrier is in the past, and now it's 185 lbs.
As always, I procrastinate, thinking there is always more time, but I have 57 days to get down to 170, and considering going past that to165 or 160.

When I look down and I still see the bulge in my stomach, but the 20+ pounds I lost already are showing in other ways. I seldom notice my hip anymore, and the neuropathy in my right foot seems to be diminishing.

Most people tend to forget that the problems they have in life, come on slowly, over many years, and they sometimes take just as long to go away.

You don't gain 40 pounds, and all the health problems it brings overnight. You spent years loading up that weight, and your body has spent years trying to deal with it and slowly failing. So taking a year to lose it with Diet 1 is actually quite fast. But perceptually it's slow enough that you don't notice.
Not until a friend asks if you've got a new hairstyle or you happen to compare photos from last year, when you started Diet 1.

Like me, you may at various points, notice that this pain or that is not there anymore or doesn't seem as bad. You might notice you are moving about more, not to get exercise, but just because you can.

Today I helped Bernie out with his camper again, and started on a long day of snacking, carrying it right through to doughnuts with my Erie writers group in the evening.

Gina's knee is getting worse and she is counting the days until the new one, October 3rd. And I got a haircut today, finally. A bit short, but it will be good until spring.

Also jotted down new kid story this morning “Penny”, about a girl who gets famous pitching pennies.



Can our hero, hit that 170 pound mark?

Stay tuned for more adventures of Fat Boy!

57 days

Remember!
1 bite at a time, and 1 day at a time!
KRASH


No comments:

Post a Comment